Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's hot today...

Haven't blogged in a while. Let's try this again.

I've just been doing a lot of hanging in Ann Arbor lately, so there hasn't been much new to report. Let's see where this post takes us.

For a few years, I have been avidly against getting a twitter, but in the last week I realized that so many people I know have them. And that there are a few very entertaining celebrities that I could follow and be entertained by. So maybe it's time I broke down and got one. The most important step is to think of an Awesome with a capital A twitter name with which to tweet with. Obviously is has to have something to do with "Spooner" since that's what I've come to identify with the most in the last few years. And come on, it's the best name ever. Like, ever.

I've been watching a ton of this British TV show called Never Mind the Buzzcocks. I remember my sister showing it to me a few months ago, but I recently discovered again that there are tons of episodes on youtube. It's a quiz show about music, and features comedians, musicians, and random people answering questions about music. It's one of the funniest things.... ever. In all honesty, there's only about 5 minutes of actual question answering, otherwise it's them just hanging around and making jokes about each other. In the latest season, there are guest celebrity hosts, and two main team captains, Phil Jupitus the comedian (whom I love) and Noel Fielding from The Mighty Boosh (whom I LOVE). Before, Simon Amstell was the usual host, and Bill Baily was one of the team captains. If you don't know, all of those people are hilarious. Here's part one of one of my favorite episodes, especially if you know anything about Doctor Who:



If you get the chance, go watch the entire episode cuse it's great.

In other news I bought Janelle Monae's The Archandroid today. Incredible. Really, as fantastic as each individual song is, it really should be listened to in total order by itself. This album is Suites II and III, and Suite I is on another album, but it really should be listened to all together. It's a fantastic album. It's odd, I've bought more actual physical CDs this year than I have in the last 5 or 6 years combined. and I've bought about 3, just this summer. Besides The Archandroid, I HIGHLY recommend B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray by B.o.B. It's incredible. I must say my favorite song is Magic featuring the always fantastic Rivers Cuomo, who's the lead singer from Weezer. The song is just.... awesome. And the whole album is fantastic.

There's nothing like listening to an entire album as a whole when the artist really is fantastic and doesn't just have talent song by song.

Random fact of the day:
For a few years now, I've wanted to buy a banjo and teach myself to play. If you have any leads, let me know.

To end the day, I leave you with one of the most fantastic scenes from a great movie, The American President. My frustration with the way the American government is being handled by both prominent political parties recently is growing to utterly ridiculous. Especially over very important human needs like benefits for the unemployed and the fireman who were injured on September 11th and the stupid incompetent people who don't think those people deserve them. With the utterly ridiculous crap is being thrown around, the lies that are being told, and the lack of balls of intelligent people to stand up for what's right, we need and Andy Sheppard to come in and smack some sense into people. America isn't easy. So fight for it. The American President is on my list to rent from the library this week. Go watch it. I'll take any other recommendations for movies this week if you get them.



This isn't a spoiler, it just makes the ending that much more utterly fantastic when you watch the whole movie.


Somewhat uneventful blog post, but it's a fairly chill Saturday afternoon and I've been not doing much but sending businessy e-mails and reading and working. And watching Never Mind the Buzzcocks. So there. Sue me.

1 comment:

  1. I must say my favourite song is "The Kids" feat. your beloved Janelle Monae. But "Magic" just makes you happy. Have you ever seen them perform it? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete